Monday 5 August 2002

friends and siblings

Sunday, and Im still angry about the car, but what can I do. I have driven around the estate a number of times to see if I can catch me a bored kid with a North Face bag and a stupid grin as he reads my private therapy journal. I went swimming, in the very municipal pool then Trev, Maria and I went to see Warwick and Jenny.

Warwick has a large plot of land, part of which he is wanting to sell to T & M. I wandered over the land, with them describing where things would be like the house, studio, tipi, bus. It seems as if they are planning to have a small festival on the land. We were planning to go up to some hot springs with Jenny but by the time we got back and had a cup of tea, warmed our feet and had a chat, it was getting dark and easier to get home and have roast dinner.

Sunday is always a day for relaxing and not planning anything.

Monday is a day for getting smashed glass in your car replaced. I had been to the glass place the week before to get a stone chip repaired (sometimes I surprise myself with how mundane travelling can be), and they were happy to sort me out a second hand piece of glass and get it fitted. Again it seems that the people of New Zealand arent into making money but are interested in making sure that you get a good deal, come back again, and also talking about themselves a bit while you are there in the shop. That sounds like a crap analysis. The guy who fixed the glass spoke to me. He treated me like a mate he was doing a favour for. I cant remember the last time I got that in a shop in the UK. I have always liked talking to people in shops as it makes life interesting, but its hard work. Here, people want to talk to you, and not just because Im a tourist as I see that
everyone talks to each other. Its all good.

Getting itchy feet though. Car is fixed, and its time to move on a little.

Rang the sibling as it was her birthday. Glad she is back from Afghanistan, although she could have brought me some guns and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment